Data protection and privacy statement
The Karma Centre is committed to safeguarding your privacy online. This statement explains how we will collect, use and disclose information.
What information we collect
- Why we collect information
- Where we collect information from
- How long we keep your information for
- Who we share your personal information with
- How your information is secure
- Further information
- Managing your communications from us
It is important that you feel completely comfortable and confident that your personal information is in safe hands. The Karma Centre takes protecting your privacy extremely seriously and takes all reasonable steps to ensure your information is secure.
The use of your personal information, why we collect it and what we save varies depending on how you interact with us, what consent you have given us and what the situation is. We have done our best to indicate this throughout the statement. There may be other privacy policies that apply to certain services we provide. We will make these explicit when they apply. Please read them before you subscribe for such services.
What information we collect
We may collect a variety of personally identifiable or sensitive information from you for various reasons. For example, we may collect:
- Any personal details you may choose to give us, such as your name, age, or address. We save this so we can keep in touch with you.
- Your financial details,if you have purchased a product or service from us. We need this to process your payment.
- Any physical or mental health information that you may have given us. This is so we can provide you with suitable adjustment and modifications within our classes.
Why we collect information
- Services & Products. So we can communicate with you in the ways that suit you best.
We would like to use the personal details you provide us to communicate with you about any news we have, success stories, new courses, retreats, workshops and classes.
When you give us your details we will always tell you what we are going to do with them. If we request your contact details for any reason, you will always have an option to not give us them or to opt out. It is always your choice and you can change your mind at any time by contacting us.
Where we collect information from
Examples may include:
- From you directly, for example, when you fill out one of our applications or when you “sign up” at one of our events.
- From our website, when you visit. For example, we use software such as Google Analytics to identify which pages on our website are visited most. This information is collected automatically. It does not contain any personal or sensitive information, so browsing is anonymous. If you use our Contact Form you e-mail and telephone number will be requested to enable us to respond to your enquiry.
How long we keep your information for
We keep personal information until you instruct us to remove you from our database.
We want to ensure that the personal information we collect from you is used to appropriately support our work together and considers any future dealings that you would like to have with us. For example, many people ask to receive references when applying for teacher training. In these cases it is important we have the correct personal information on file. You can contact us at any time to ask us to remove or amend your personal information.
Who we share your personal information with
We never sell your personal details with third parties for the purpose of marketing. We do not share your information with any external organisations.
How your information is secure
The security of your information is of utmost importance to us. We seek to use reasonable measures to protect your information as required by the law, in line with industry standards.
The laws that say how your personal information can be used are:
- The Data Protection Act 1998
- The Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office to find out more about types of personal information, its usage and your rights, or to report a concern.
Managing your communications from us
You have the right to know what personal information we have about you, to make changes to how you hear from us, and to ask us to stop processing or to remove your personal information. You also have the right to ask for a copy of the information we have.
You can change your communication preferences at any time; just get in touch with us at E-mail:- email@example.com